Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lets look at some questionable things

It is Sunday and I am washing dishes and laundry. I am also paying bills. I don't want people to think all I do is blog. I already put my suits together with shirts for the week. In between I read and write. In addition, writing one of my posts only takes about 30 minutes. It is about 100 degrees outside so staying in seems like a good idea.

I was reading a Chinese newspaper and came across an article on their advice to the United States. They recommend that we listen to Obama and allow him to duplicate their economic model. In another article they talk about how China needs to create basic universal healthcare for all in China.

Wait a second. Universal healthcare for China, I thought it was already state run. I wonder who doesn't get it and why they don't.

Greece protests pension reform

Britain pension overhaul

Japan converted their defined benefit plans to defined contribution plans in 2001.

If you do a little research you will find that just about every nation in the world is discovering at the exact same time that their pension programs are messed up. Most countries are also having problems with healthcare at the same time. Just about every nation is complaining about illegal aliens and foreigners.

The most amusing aspect of reading foreign papers is that the nature of the arguments are all the same. The arguments are always two sides, they say the same thing in each country. Pick five countries, find the biggest newspaper in each and read the front page each day for two weeks, you will see what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are in cahoots.
I will laugh and all cone together sayin oh we have same problem. Let's fix it together and bam! 5 or however many into one.