Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lies from experts

The linked article is from the Christian Science Monitor, it asks if birthright citizenship is in the Constitution. Professor John Eastman is intentionally misrepresented. Examine closely, he is not quoted he is paraphrased. The statement from him comes out that illegals are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and therefore neither are their children who are born here. If he is a professor of law he would know that was incorrect. We drafted all kinds of people who were the children of illegals. I believe he was answering what the rules would be if we eliminated birthright citizenship.

If you read the article you will find that "defenders of the 14th Amendment" say the exact same thing that I wrote about prior. Why is it the "defenders" are not named? This whole game is not about illegals, it is about making citizenship a privilege that you must earn. The intent is to change the language so that naturalized is the issue and naturalized will mean that you have earned the privilege that is earned by having done military or other government service.

They have been trying to sell us on this idea for decades. They teach servicemen and women that those who do not do military service are less deserving. It is garbage. People in the military should be taught that they are protecting our right to choose. I believe that government service should be the highest calling, I don't want it to be mandatory to have rights, like the right to vote. Mandatory government service is slavery. I also do not believe in the draft, it is morally wrong. By the way, I come from a family where most were in the military, most joined.

On a side note, I ate nachos tonight. My stomach was not ready for it and I paid. I guess I should have stuck to soup; but, it sure was nice to have a hearty meal. Be well.

No comments: