Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Like This Article

Going to be kids. Read this article and liked it so, I am posting an link to it.

Musings on Marriage

I like her explanation of what works in marriage. It is about doing the things that the other person hates to do the most. I give her one thumb up, it is also about being thrilled by your partners successes. Sharing success and sharing problems, each doing what they can for the other. Knowing that their joy will cause you joy; but, doing it because you want them to be happy.

We are taught that we are innately selfish, we are told that when we do good acts it is because we want to see ourselves a certain way and get joy from that, it is a lie. A man does not jump on a hand grenade to save his friends because of how he wants to view himself. Only people who wouldn't jump on a hand grenade say such things.

I tell the people who work for me to do the right thing for the right reason. I never tell them to do what is best for my organization or myself, if me and my organization are doing what we should, my answer will always be right, if we are not then it is time we got things right. I am amazed at how some people that work for me still cannot understand that. It is because they don't think in those terms.

2 comments:

OctopusHeart said...

It's a shame I can't give you karma anymore.

Really enjoyed the article.

Good observation about selflessness.

Pimpernel said...

Thank you for the kind words.