Thursday, June 30, 2011

Google Me What I am Thinking

Google is working on a new product, in the future they want it to know you better than you know yourself and anticipate what you want. Read the article and watch the video.

Towards the end of the article, Singhai states, "When we launch a service which brings a lot of benefits to the consumer, they thrive despite all the questions surrounding users’ privacy. However, we know that if a product doesn’t give a user enough value, then we know it cannot overcome the necessary hurdles."

Let me restate what he says, "If we give people enough cookies, they will willingly give up their decision making and privacy". This is another example of why I will be getting off of the internet as much as possible. People really need to consider how far they will accept having computers and algorithms making their decisions for them rather than merely assisting.

I do apologize for the sparseness of my posts, I have a few days off and will try and write something more involved. Be well.

No comments: