Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Thought on Pastor Carol Daniels

I was thinking about how many people found my blog because of my post about Pastor Carol Daniels and I decided to search for her on Yahoo to see if there were any updates. No updates; but, now my blog was on page one for searches or whatever their algorythmn is. Anyways, it got me thinking about something.

The little store that was right next to the church had to be closed on Sunday. There is no report of anyone being in the vicinity except for the old couple that came by. If someone had been at the store than they would have had a lot of questions asked of them and that would have been reported. Something saying that the clerk next door didn't hear or see anything.

Whoever killed the dear pastor must have known that the store was closed on Sundays. I imagine most people in that town knew that. Small town. In a town where you only have one or two small stores, you know when they are open. The killer was someone who knew that town and it's businesses and that people rarely went to the church; but, he would have also known that sometimes people did, just like the old couple.

The killing was not planned for that day, the day wasn't important. The person would have come by each Sunday, prepared; but, waiting to see if anyone else might attend. If the only people that ever came by was the elderly couple and they were consistent in their time as to when they came by, that would indicate something to watch for. Who could watch and would they watch for weeks. Two choices, you would watch the elderly couple waiting for the day when they did not leave at their regular time or watch the church at the expected time of their arrival. I guess then the question would be for the elderly couple.

I would want to know if they elderly couple had planned on leaving their money to the church. I didn't like the fact that the church was destroyed a year later. Not a criticism, just seemed quick to me. Yet, it doesn't appear anyone other than the elderly couple went. I guess now they would have to drive 50 miles to attend church. They would probably just stop going.

So here is my thinking. We know the person came prepared, he brought liquids to destroy dna evidence it said at the time. He knew that the elderly couple were not coming that day (but, he was wrong about that in the end), they just arrived late, maybe they woke up late or maybe they told him that they weren't going. At least they should be asked questions along this line.

There had to more people than just the two elderly ones, otherwise why wouldn't she just minister to them at their house. Sorry, no answers, just trying to see if there are any questions that could still be asked, seems like nothing new has happened in the case.

Something else occurred to me. There was no reports of blood stains outside of the church. It said there was a lot of blood in the church and the person exited via the back door, there should have been bloody steps unless the shoes had been changed. It also didn't report any bloody footsteps inside the church. Did the killer wear the kind of things that surgeons do over their shoes, it is so that they don't slip in blood or get blood on their shoes.

It is possible that the police have a shoe print and just haven't said so. The church is gone so the only physical is in the hands of the police. The only other possible physical evidence is in the possession of the killer.

I am betting that the police do have a suspect. They never caught the person who had set the fires just prior to the killing and the two may be connected. The problem would be evidence. If you have no DNA, no witnesses and no prints, what evidence could you use to convict someone? You would either need the person to confess to someone, anyone or find evidence on the person or in their possession. If the killer remove any evidence and destroyed all his clothes, there isn't much hope of proving anything short of a confession.

I guess the only thing left to do would be to check on everyone that could have been a witness, people that would have usually seen or heard something, neighbors, whatever. Are there any private security firms in the area that should have been by there checking on businesses or any people that regularly made deliveries in that area on Sundays. Not much, not much to go on.

It said in the autopsy that Pastor Daniels had defensive wounds, she fought back; but, they would have checked under her nails for skin from the attacker. Either there wasn't any or they think it is a secret. Nope, the attacker would have known if she had scratched him, no secret there.

This killer was absolutely convinced that nobody was coming by, he wasn't afraid of the screams and he wasn't afraid that burning hair would be noticed on the street. It smells bad. How could anybody take such a big risk unless they were 100% sure that they she would not be heard and that it was safe to stay and stage and even start her hair on fire.

I guess if you had a suspect you could check and see if their cell phone records showed any calls not being picked up while the murder was going on; but, that is really circumstantial. I know they have tried swabbing random people for DNA as in the BTK case. What if you had everyone that lived within one block of the church take a lie detector test, would they be willing to do it in order to catch the killer and eliminate the possibility that it was someone who was within one block? Lets face it, it isn't that many people. Oh and everyone that worked at the store and car wash that was across the street.

I guess what I may be saying is don't be too hard on the Oklahoma police, as I was initially. If what we know is true, they may have a suspect and nothing to prove that he did it. I know, I keep saying him; but, it is the most likely. I know a woman could have done it; but, lets be truthful, Pastor Daniels was a big woman and a woman using a knife to attack a woman that was large would be very risky and Pastor Daniels did defend herself so a smaller woman is unlikely.

There are what, 6,000 people in Anandarko, I mean eliminate all women, all children under 15 and all people that were attending church or otherwise accounted for. How many people are left in a town of 6,000 in the bible belt that includes Oklahoma. Now how many of the ones remaining even knew who the Pastor was, come on, she showed up on Sundays to a church that nobody attended, how many people in that town even knew of her? These numbers are not big.

So you narrow it down to a few suspects and then what, what do you do when you don't have any evidence other than circumstantial? How do you even get a warrant to search someone's house? I will bet money that the killer is low paid or unemployed, I will bet that it is a younger man, maybe in his 20s or very early 30s. I will bet they live in Anandarko and do not attend church unless their parents force them; but that is unlikely as his parents would have noticed that he did not attend on that day.

I am just free style thinking. No knowledge, just writing. You take a town of 6,000 and if you have no suspects then you begin by eliminating suspects in a ring that goes outward. That is hard work and the only choice you have. Even after that you only get suspects, still no evidence. Don't be too hard on them.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just googling Pastor Daniels to see if there is any recent developments on her case and came across your sight. I just wanted to clarify a few things for you. It's not criticism but just clarification. The store you make reference to is open 24 hours a day seven days a week. It is a very busy place during the mornings on the weekdays with hundreds of customers. It is a convenience store but not so little. The store usually has at least 6-8 people working all the time. I'm not for sure about Sundays but I would imagine it is very busy right before church time. It sits about a half a block north of the church sight. Interesting enough, the police station sits one block south of the church sight. I'm sure the killer came in the backdoor of the church and the store's video surveillance didn't record that back of the church. The OSBI removed the door so I know there had to be some kind of evidence on it. There was a witness who said he seen a man leaving the church carrying bloody clothing but his testimony was kind of dismissed because he is a street person and not very believable. Also, a elderly woman told police someone had recently broken into her cellar behind the church. I do believe like you do that the killer was already waiting in the church and probably had planned the attack for a while. Pastor Daniels wasn't from Anadarko. She drove from Oklahoma City. The killer could have followed her from there and might not even be from the Anadarko area.

Pimpernel said...

I find it amazing that my blog comes up when you google Pastor Daniels. If the comment above is correct, I am even more confused. If the store is open 24/7 and with the Police Station so close by, how does one take such a chance with a knife?

I was aware of the homeless person; but, his story did not fit the film evidence as he said the killer exited from the front and was bloody with a ski mask or some such. I had not read about the elderly woman and her cellar; but, I had read about the fires that had been recently lit in two places in the town.

The cellar, could the killer have broken into the cellar in order to have a close by place to clean up and hide? It is a possibility. I do hope that the OSBI interviewed everyone who worked at the store or had visited it that day to see if anyone saw anything.

No, I believe we are talking about two different building. There was a small building right next to the church, a house on one side and a building on the other, would like to know what that small building was right next to the church, if anyone knows please tell me.

Anonymous said...

The busy convenience store with the security cameras is a half a block north. Only an old house (I'm not for sure anyone even lives there) and a city street is between the church and the store. The little building you are referring to sits just to the north of the church with an alley separating them. This building is just a "used junk" store that isn't even open all the time. The owner buys garage sale items and then resales them. I never even heard any report of the police talking to him so I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there that Sunday. The church is on a main state highway going north of Anadarko. A very busy road! So as hard as it is to believe, this horrific murder took place sometime between 10:00-12:00 am in broad daylight on a main highway within a block from the police station.

Anonymous said...

This is crazy, just crazy beyond comprehension. The fact that the killer is likely still alive and walking among the other residents is beyond belief.

Pimpernel- I strongly believe that putting the blog up and keeping it up truly helps us individuals that are still hoping for justice. I beg of you: please do not take your blog down, but especially the posts about Pastor Carol Daniels. I truly believe that this crime will be solved, but in large part due to your vigilance and updates. Let's keep hope alive. I am grateful to you and I'm sure the other readers are truly grateful.

Pimpernel said...

Dear Anonymous (Dec 2, 2013),

Thank you for your kind words. I will not delete the blog and will always update regarding Pastor Daniels. I am considering writing less. I read countless news sources each day to prepare this blog and it is a lot of work. It may not seem it but it is.

I do not believe this blog will or has contributed to the solving of this crime. I believe the OSBI will solve the crime.

With 1,500 posts it should be apparent that I am not focused on solving crimes per se. I am primarily focused on societal crimes like the banking crimes and pension theft.

Writing about Pastor Daniels is always very emotional for me because I was contacted by one of her family members a while back. I am always worried that I might write something that could cause them distress and I would never want to do that. I find it an honor that any of her family or friends might find some comfort knowing that she is not forgotten and that is the reason I will not kill off the blog.

Pimpernel said...

Dear Anonymous (12,2,13)

There is very little left of me. I am a shell at best. The only fear I have left is of God rejecting me. LOL, I don't think he will. God loves me, he loves you, he loves us all, I believe that.

honeabee said...

Does anyone have anyway to get in touch with the family members? Would love to contact the Vidocq Society through them.Christie.e.bryant@gmail.com

Pimpernel said...

Dear honeabee,

The easiest way to contact the family in regards to the death of Pastor Daniels, if you have any information, is to contact the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. They have a cold case expert assigned to the case.

While I have been contacted by some family members, I only post what I have been authorized to. As this is a moderated blog, if someone answers you in my comments section, it will not be posted unless the family approves is and I would tell my readers to not contact you with information regarding the families names, information or contact information. Condolences may be posted here; but, not information regarding the murder, that is sent to the OSBI.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have been following this case for some time now. Are authorities sure it was just one person involved? I do believe there could have been another person or more. I've read that those parts of OK have satanic cults and her murder seemed very heavily ritualistic.
Thanks for keeping up your blog.

Pimpernel said...

Dear Anonymous 6/6/2015

Authorities have never said if they believed more than one person was involved. They know that nobody entered through the front door because a camera was filming there. There was no DNA evidence reported as a chemical was used to destroy any DNA evidence. No valid witnesses were found. Something was found on the back door; but, as far as I know the police have never said what it was. My assumption is that something was written in blood on the door. The police did investigate a "Satanic" connection. I am not convinced that it was.