Friday, November 4, 2011

Pastor Carol Daniels and This Blog's Stats

In the last month I have seen an increase in searches for Pastor Carol Daniels lead people to this site. I am not an expert on the case, I have no special knowledge, I just thought it was important to discuss. I am profoundly sad for her family and friends loss and I heartfully wish I had something to offer; but, there are no answers here. I hope that the continued interest in her murder leads to some resolution; but, any insight that I have has been discussed already.

The only update that I will ever have is how she has been an inspiration to me. I pastor a very small flock and sometimes I feel as if my time is wasted. I did not want to be a pastor, I never felt the calling; but, I cannot refuse to say what I know. I have walked into the the church, looked out and only seen one other person. Pastor Daniels went to her church and saw none many times; but, the woman went anyways on the chance that one might want to talk about God. She is my inspiration and I wrote about long before I was asked to preach.

I can only assume that members of her family have found this blog. I beg you to know that I only have the highest regard for her. If they have then I do hope that they have read my others writings so that they can understand who and what I am and know that my words are as heartfelt as they can be. I wish I could have known her because I bet she could have taught me a lot about faith, she sure had it.

I spent a whole lot of money to commission a piece of art. I did not tell the person what I wanted, I merely told the artist to make it his truth. He produced it and it was his truth. It hit me like a brick, I could see how much effort he put into it and he put a lot of effort in. He told me that it had changed his life and reinvigorated him. What is that worth? I do not know how many lives Pastor Daniels touched; but, I believe she touched them deeply. He titled the piece "The Trinity". My prayers will always be to Pastor Daniels family, please pray for me that I can have the faith she had, please forgive me if I have said anything that was offensive, it was never my intent.

No comments: