Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. My mother passed on a number of years ago and my ex-Mother In Law is the last mother I have. I wish both my ex-wife and her mother a happy Mother's Day. While we may no longer be married, we will always be parents to our children, whether they like it or not.

I had a good mother, she was intelligent, giving and loving. She could also be very dictatorial on occasion. We get the parents we get and we are all a mixed bag of emotions and thoughts and actions. Nobody is perfect. Still, my mother was pretty much the 1950s style mother, she managed the house (incredibly well I might add, when my father retired, she had paid off the house and all of their debt), prepared us three meals a day (she was an excellent cook) and did everything she could to keep us out of trouble. She also strongly promoted seeing me graduate college and law school. They gave up a lot for me to get my education. I worked during college but only had to take out some loans for law school, my parents paid the majority for my education.

So in honor of all Mothers, may they have a great day of love and appreciation.

No comments: