Monday, July 23, 2012

My Issue With Clouds

We have all heard about "Cloud Computing" or "The Cloud". The cloud is nothing more than using another companies remote storage of your data. The logic is simple, your tablet does not need to store much in the way of hardware or software if it is nothing more than a fancy browser. The next step is to eliminate servers, the computers that let us network and this will be done through virtual networks.

In the end you will not need an IT staff or much else. It will all be managed for you in the cloud and life will be easier. There is only one problem, if you not allowed to use the internet, you will not be able to be heard at all. Paper and typewriters and desktops will all go bye bye. There are very few printing presses anymore and all the newspapers are going online.

My readers know that I read a lot of informational sites in preparing this blog. If I was knocked off the net, I wouldn't be able to read one tenth of what I do now. Deaf, dumb and blind in a world where everyone else has access to all the information in the world.

No comments: