Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lost

I watched the last episode of Lost online. Funny thing is that I never really followed the show. My ex watched it and I saw a couple of episodes. We used to watch "Twin Peaks" and it reminds me of that, vague, few answers and many questions. Very European.

The last episode bothered some people, it happens that way sometimes. In a nutshell, the last show explained they had all died and gone to the island to work things out that they had not finished in life. They were "saved" by knowing their soul mates.

I wish to play with that for a moment. Babies are born with half the DNA of each parent. What if, instead, when two people joined they became the new person? I do so hope that I provide the reader with questions that are intriguing and take you away from the mundane. If sex meant true, complete union, would you be more careful of who you slept with? I bet you would.

They say that when you sleep with someone, you sleep with everyone they ever slept with. Having herpes, I know this to be true; but, what if you truly became one with the person you slept with. You would be a lot more cautious about sleeping with someone.

What if when you slept with someone, you became a new being, a combination of you and your mate? A true soul mate. How would you approach relationships then? Imagine eternity alone. Imagine eternity with a soul mate. Which would you choose? If eternity with a soul mate, how would you choose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you, Pimpernel? Which would you choose?

Anonymous said...

WITH. And very, very carefully. I will never stop believing.

Pimpernel said...

To know and be known by another. Finding that other is the difficult thing, we are to often willing to settle for what is close.

If we could completely join with another it would require a level of maturity and security in being ourselves rather than going along with the world. Hopefully we can all get there someday.