Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Again

It is Sunday and it is Father's Day. I miss my father and appreciate all that he did for me. He was good dad, not perfect, none of us are. Being parent means never being right again. To all the fathers out there, Happy Father's Day, I hope you are appreciated and that you appreciate your father.

If we are selfish we think about what we did not get, if we are loving we remember what we did. It is all a matter of perspective. Nobody can fulfill our expectations completely and we cannot fulfill anyone else's completely. What we focus on is a statement about us.

A dear lady sent me a link to a video of a motivational speaker. He is not like every other motivational speaker. His motto is, "No arms, no legs, no worries". I would like you to watch this short video, it might just make you appreciate what you do have a little bit.

Nick Vujicic


One of my cousins lost his father on his wedding day. It was a horrifyingly sad event. About a year later, he had his first baby. She is a beautiful girl. This year he had his first son, he is equally beautiful. We were so thrilled to have something positive happen in our family, too many deaths and no births in years. I put a picture of the baby on my office door to remember that good does happen.

There is a lady in my office who I have known for 30 years. When she is feeling down she walks by my door to look at the smiling picture of the newborn baby. Now she sees both pictures. I never meant to keep them on my door; but, I cannot them down because I know they brighten her day and I like seeing them too. I am providing a link to a song for people to think about the first time they saw the face of someone they came to love.

Roberta Flack - The first time ever I saw your face

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you dont know about this already, you might find it interesting.
http://www.military.com/news/article/faa-pressured-to-open-us-skies-to-drones.html?col=1186032325324&ESRC=dod.nl

Pimpernel said...

I am aware of such things. The article referred to is in regards to using drones to monitor Americans. Your government does not trust you and believes it is their duty to monitor you.