Friday, July 30, 2010

Surreal Fire

Dear readers, I can see the red sun, I can smell the smoke. The Crown Valley Fire is just south of me. I left this morning to go a few hours away to meet with a business associate, when I left the fire was further away. When I returned the whole sky was orange with smoke.

I have been through fires before. I stood on a roof during the Simi Valley one block away from the fire and managed to help get some horses out of the area. I have driven through a fire in the hills around Los Angeles. This fire is different somehow. I didn't expect it to make it to where it did.

I gassed up my car when I got back today. I figure if the smoke becomes too hard on me I will just go to Palm Springs or Las Vegas. Our fire fighters are doing a good job and we do appreciate them. Let us pray that none of them gets hurt.

No comments: