Monday, January 30, 2012

Religious Hypotheticals and Questions

I like to read the bible and try and look at it different ways. When I read a story, such as the story of Job, I try and think about what happened after or ask questions like, "Why him". Revelations and Genesis leave so much out and allow for so many possibilities.

I recently decided to do a series on Revelations at church, now it is one of my least favorite books of the bible because of the heavy use of symbolism. Revelations predicts many things; but, it really doesn't explain how these things could be allowed to come. Let me put it this way, Revelations says that in the end times everyone would be required to take a mark to buy or sell. Okay, how could you convince people to take such a mark? Most people assume they would be forced to; but, the book says that some will refuse to take the mark so it is willingly accepted.

Revelations also says that people will worship the beast. How do you get people to worship you? I know it says that he will perform miracles; but, how would you convince a Muslim that it was Allah and a Christian that it was Jesus and do both at the same time?

We currently have technology that is capable of creating a one world currency and we have the ability of placing biometric identification invisible to the eye on your body. This is the first time in human history where we have even been capable of doing these things.

Not long ago I was talking to someone about the steps that have been taken that would allow tyranny in the United States, I mentioned all the laws that had been passed and came to the conclusion that no more were needed, I am sure we will get more (probably related to confiscating the possessions of "terrorists". Still, if a popular fascist got into office, all the laws are in place to be so.

Okay, so I was thinking about the bible and came to the same conclusion. I cannot find one pre-tribulation sign that has not already happened. The bible has gone to every part of the world, we are seeing a great falling away from the church and an international consensus that we need a world organization to control our financial institutions. What is left? Whether you believe in end times or not, if you know your bible, the infrastructure that would allow the events predicted in Revelations are in place, nothing more needs to happen to allow it to begin, nothing.

If you are a Christian, how do you feel and what do you think about what I just wrote? If you are a non-Christian, you can ask yourself the same question. It says that in the end times there will be many false prophets, how many do we need, I see no shortage of them. Heck, many of them are within the churches.

No comments: