Thursday, May 3, 2012

Samsung Galaxy 3 - Update

I was reading the news and found this article on the phone I wrote about in the last post. This article includes a 1 hour video from some big gathering to announce the phone. I highly recommend that you watch minutes 30 to 40 or even the whole video. It shows and discusses what the phone can do. The video is at the bottom of the linked page.

Yahoo News = Tech it Up - New Galaxy S III phone is bigger and smarter

The phone never stops looking at or listening to you. It knows you better than your own family, it is your family. Isn't it great? I truly pray that my readers understand what we are becoming and where this technology will lead to.

A very long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, my High School was offered money by the federal government to conduct tests on me. I had taken the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Test (ASVAB) and right after I got the results, I found out I was moving. Somehow I had screwed the machine up, I had become an anomaly to what they expected. I have no problem admitting that I am a freak. I had two weeks notice that I was moving 3,000 miles away. On my last day in school, the Vice Principal stopped me, he said that the government had offered the school money to convince me to take more tests. Isn't that funny, twisted little Pimpernel confused them and they wanted to know more. LOL.

I guess I can never really understand what a freak I am. I guess I cannot understand why the federal government offered to pay my high school just so they could give me tests to try and understand me. My life is a circus or at least a freak show. I never forgot that they offered my school money to test me, I never forgot it as I watched these technologies emerge. It is a giant test, it is Rorschach test, it is a Briggs Myeres test, it is the use of technology to predefine who you are and what you will become. It is thought crime and pre-crime and a crime. If 99.999% of the people who think a certain way become rapists, should we be allowed to arrest and confine all people who think a certain way even the .001% who will never commit a rape? The outliers get to go to jail because of the odds, the innocent are willingly sacrificed to protect the innocent.

We are building a technology that will allow others to know everything about us, a technology that defines us for now and predicts with a level of uncertainty who we will become. The true purpose is to make people comfortable with arresting those who cannot predict, at such a small percentage, nobody will care. Nobody cares about freaks and outliers. They are freaks. You might tolerate grandma not using the internet, would you tolerate a 20 year old who refuses to own a cell phone?

I am going to bed; but, I do hope that I am still relevant in my posts.

No comments: