Thursday, September 6, 2012

Joe South - Rest in Peace

A singer songwriter named Joe South died today. He had some amazing songs. I would like to link to one or two of them. Please enjoy.

YouTube - Joe South - Games People Play


YouTube - Elvis Presley - Walk a mile in my shoes


YouTube - Deep Purple - Hush

YouTube - Ray Stevens - Walk a Mile in My Shoes (my favorite version of the song)

YouTube - Lynne Anderson - Rose Garden

He was also a guitarist, he played the electric guitar on this song by Simon and Garfunkel. YouTube - Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and I hope my lovely readers enjoyed his music as much as I did. Any of my longtime readers should know that I like to post links to music on occasion. My mother was kind enough to bless me with an appreciation of all types of music. My preferences and a certain type of jazz and classic rock; however, I also listen to country, rap, classical, folk and many other forms. Mr. South wrote, performed and played guitar, he recorded his own hits and was recorded by others and those versions became hits. He was played as Country and as Heavy Rock. The man had talent.

I didn't plan on writing about music or musicians tonight, I actually planned on writing about Honduras and a little experiment they have going on there.

No comments: