Thursday, September 6, 2012

Reward in Pastor Carol Daniels Case

I check my stats for this blog on a fairly regular base. I continue to be fascinated by how many people in Russia read it. When I see a spike in viewership, I try and determine which posts were being searched. Today I saw a spike in readership for the post on Pastor Daniels. I did an internet search and found that the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is offering $10,000 for information leading to the killer's capture. They can be contacted at 1-800-522-8017. Here is a link to the article.

KOCO - OSBI renews reward in pastor homicide case on anniversary


A previous spike in readership had led me to discover an article that claimed that the OSBI had interviewed someone in the Chicago area; but, I chose not to publicize that at the time, I didn't want to get in the way. I don't always publish everything I write or even every comment that I receive for a variety of reasons. While I discuss many different subjects on this blog, it was originally intended to focus on just a few things, it just sort of took a life of it's own and I am okay with that.

In the end, the blog is about you and me, it is about the world around us and what it may mean, it is a free floating, what I read today thing. It is written usually in the time that it takes others to read it, I don't plan out anything more than a day in advance for this blog. This blog is about what matters, us and that is what it says in the title. You matter and Pastor Daniels mattered, we all matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story of Pastor Carole Daniels really breaks my heart. I try to Google search it at least every few months, or whenever I think of it. I'm so thankful to you for your continuous coverage and updates. The thing that bothers me is the fact that it happened in such a small town and it happened in the middle of the day; how did't anyone know, see, or hear anything. I think she knew the assailant and he had committed murders before- he was too criminally sophisticated to have left very little traceable mistakes. Also- did you hear that a woman said that she noticed someone was living in her basement?? Why didn't they look further into that?? I'm sure the detectives know what they're doing, I'm just so sad and pissed that there are no suspects. The same person is probably living among the residents. Scary beyond words.

Pimpernel said...

Dear Anonymous,

I have to say that I never thought I would write anything more than my original post. It was really the responses that kept me keeping an eye on the story. This is a small blog with a limited readership and I didn't think anyone outside of my regulars would ever read the story; but, they did.

It is possible that Pastor Daniels had met the person(s) responsible. I do not know that the person(s) involved were sophisticated. In fact, I believe that what they did was very un-sophistacted; but, planned well in advance.

Whoever killed the pastor used some sort of blade and she did not die immediately. They risked having someone hear her screams while she was very close to the police station.

While we do not know what was used to destroy the dna evidence, it could have been some simple household chemical, only the police know.

I did read that a women living nearby had someone living in her basement; but, I don't know if it is true. A homeless person also reported that he had seen the bloody killer exit the building and we know that is false as there was a camera that could see the front of the building.

As for the OSBI, I believe they are doing all they can and recently they assigned a new detective to the case with experience on cold cases. The problem is that with no witnesses and no dna evidence they may simply not have proof; but, that does not mean that they do not have any suspects.

Thank you for your kind words. For whatever reason people continue to come here to read my thoughts on the matter and my updates. I sort of feel obligated to keep an eye on the case.

The Pastor's family actually reached out to me and thanked me for writing about her. I was stunned. I don't expect to ever contribute anything to solving the case; but, if I can provide her family and friends with updates then it is all worthwhile.