Tuesday, November 6, 2012

An Interesting Comment about Me

I was talking to someone recently about how I had gone on a date with a woman who knew me from my writings; but, not from this blog. The lady in question had said on our date that I wasn't anything like she expected. She also stated that she had never met anyone quite like me. I was under the impression that she was traveling the country to check on investments that she had made for very rich people.

After having visited with me, she flew north and met with some common friends. I received no reports of her having anything other than good words to say about me; however, I know of at least one person that did not feel comfortable with her. As it was, it was just a nice dinner date with some pleasant conversation and very good food.

I have often wondered what she meant when she said that I wasn't what she expected. I mean I write exactly what I mean, I don't have opinions that are any different in personal contacts than I do with what I write. So, this person I was talking to, not the lady I went on the date with, read my blog and made the comment that my writing seems slightly emotionless; whereas, in person it is clear that I am passionate about things. She stated that my writing was fairly direct, succinct and perhaps a little colder than I am in person. I leave it for my readers to decide; but, it did intrigue me.

I try and make this blog informational most of the time. I do not use cuss words on this blog and am careful about what content I allow on it. The purpose of the blog has changed since I began it and it seemed to take on a new life. Under this iteration of the blog I have focused more on news and information that my readers might not have had time to read or may have missed completely. I attempt to present things for what they are in an objective manner while at the same time looking behind the story for deeper meaning.

One of the problems I have with current politics is how the issues are ignored and the media merely seeks to pander to emotions. I attempt to avoid doing that with my readers, that does not mean that I don't have feelings about things; but, the issues are what should drive our decisions and all decisions should involve love, they should include consideration for people and how they will be effected.

No comments: