Wednesday, May 29, 2013

6 Years

I cannot believe that I began this blog six years ago. Wow. I went to look at the stats and am amazed. One little voice heard tens of thousands of times. What started as a prank, if you will, has more readers now than ever and I write less. There may only be 15 followers; but, I get over 1,500 hits a month. If I got paid a dollar for every hit each month, I still would not monetize this site, not gonna happen.

In looking at the stats I was shocked that I have been doing this for six years and people still care. Recently, one of my readers and I were talking on the phone and he told me how much he enjoyed reading my stuff. That makes me feel fantastic. I am amazed that even though I don't focus on any one issue and even though I don't have lots of pictures (I am not good at uploading or downloading them) and even though I don't even bother editing my stuff, that people still want to see what I will talk about next. I talk about what I see.

Someone recently asked me what I like the most in my life and I told them, I like writing this blog. I don't know why I am still alive, the stupid doctors have promised me many times that I should be dead and haven't gotten it right yet. Thank you to everyone who has ever read my silly little words. I look at this blog like the man looks at the woman in this video. Lets see what is behind the curtain.

YouTube - Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On.

"You give me reason to live". Thanks.

No comments: