Saturday, March 21, 2015

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I was bored and watching Netflix. I ended up watching "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". It is stupid and silly and charming. I have not laughed this hard in a long time. It stars a lady named Ellie Kemper who I guess was on the Office (I didn't watch much television for about 8 or 9 years). It also has Carol Kane who is always hilarious and Jane Krakowski  who has been in everything. I should mention that one of the Executive Producers is Tina Fey.

The story goes that Ms. Kemper's character was captured by a crazed preacher and kept in an underground bunker with three other women for 15 years. Her and the other women make national news as the mole women and she tries to adjust to todays reality and improve herself. Basically the show makes fun of how she is stuck in time 15 years ago, hangs out with a bunch of weirdoes and doesn't know it. It is sort of like the movie Airplane meets the tv show Friends.

A line from the show, "That man could sell snow to an Eskimo or a Pontiac Aztec to someone." The show is completely silly and everyone on it is ridiculous. If you like dumb and silly you should check it out.

No comments: